university of glasgow
skip navigation
ARCHIVE SERVICES

 





NHS Greater Glasgow
and Clyde Archives

Link to NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde website.

SEE ALSO: Classification Index
Printer Friendly Version 

Records of Society of Medical Officers of Health, Scottish Branch, Scotland

Author:
Compiled by Alistair Tough, NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde Archivist, 23 July 1998.
Reference:
GB 812 HB 93.
Title:
Records of Society of Medical Officers of Health, Scottish Branch, Scotland.
Dates of Creation:
1947–1976.
Extent:
1.00 metre.
Held at:
NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde Archives.
Name of Creator:
Society of Medical Officers of Health, Scottish Branch (professional medical society: 1896–1976: Scotland).
Language of Material:
English.
Level of Description:
Fonds.
Edition:
First edition.

[top of page]

Administrative/Biographical History

Founded as the Society of Medical Officers of Health of Scotland, it became a branch of the British Society of Medical Officers of Health (later the Society of Community Medicine) in 1896. The Scottish branch disbanded in 1976.


[top of page]

Scope and Content

  • Minutes, 1947–1976
System of Arrangement:
Chronological within record class.
Custodial History:
Records held by Honorary Secretaries prior to transfer.
Immediate Source of Acquisition:
Dr T S Wilson.
Appraisal, Destruction and Scheduling:
This material has been appraised in line with standard GB 812 procedures.
Accruals:
Further accessions are expected.
Access Conditions:
No restrictions.

[top of page]

Copyright / Reproduction:
Applications for permission to quote should be sent to the Archivist.
Reproduction subject to usual conditions: educational use & condition of documents.
Existence of Copies:
No known copies.
This material is original.
Finding Aids:
Descriptive list.
Related Units of Description:
GB 812 HB 19: Records of Glasgow Corporation and Glasgow Parish Council
Publication Note:
No known publications using this material.

Fonds–level Description Compilation Details

Compiled by Alistair Tough, NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde Archivist, 23 July 1998.

[top of page]