Reference Code: GB 812 HB 85.
Title: Regional Infusion Fluids Laboratory, Glasgow
Dates Of Creation Of Material: 1949-84.
Level Of Description: Fonds.
Extent: 0.5 shelf metres.
Administrative History: The Regional Infusion Fluids Laboratory was established by the Western Regional Hospital Board in 1949. The purpose of the Laboratory was to supply National Health Service hospitals within the Western Regional Hospital Board area with infusion fluids at a lower cost than their commercial rivals. The Laboratory was located at Knightswood Hospital in Glasgow. When the Western Regional Hospital Board was abolished in 1974, the Laboratory continued to function under the auspices of the Greater Glasgow Health Board until 1994. The running down and ultimate closure of the Laboratory followed the revision of the regulations governing the production of infusion fluids: a large investment of capital would have been required to bring the Laboratory up to the required standard.
Custodial History: Records held within National Health Service prior to transfer.
Immediate Source Of Acquisition: Regional Infusion Fluids Laboratory.
CONTENT AND STRUCTURE
Scope And Content: Production and stock records, 1949-84; files of correspondence with related architectural drawings re proposed up-grading of Laboratory, 1971-78.
Accrual: None expected.
Arrangement: Chronological within record class.
CONDITIONS OF ACCESS AND USE
Legal Status: Public records.
Access: Normal 30 year closures apply.
Reprographics: Some material unfit for copying, otherwise no restrictions.
Finding Aids: None.
Related Units Of Description In Same Repository:
Western Regional Hospital Board, Glasgow
Greater Glasgow Health Board
Knightswood Hospital, Glasgow
Associated Material: None.
Publication Note: None.