Reference Code: GB 812 HB 84.
Title: Mass Radiography Centre, Glasgow.
Dates Of Creation Of Material: 1950-78.
Level Of Description: Fonds.
Extent: 0.2 shelf metres.
Administrative History: The Mass Radiography Centre was created by Glasgow Corporation as part of the drive to diagnose and treat tuberculosis. The Centre, located at Elmbank Street, was transferred from the Corporations Health and Welfare Department to the Greater Glasgow Health Board Western District in 1974. As the incidence of tuberculosis declined the Centres workload also fell: it was relocated to the Dental Hospital in 1983 and to Cochrane St in 1985. It was disbanded before 1988.
Custodial History: Records held within National Health Service prior to transfer.
Immediate Source Of Acquisition: Unknown.
CONTENT AND STRUCTURE
Scope And Content: Maps and plans, 1950-78.
Accrual: No further accessions are expected.
Arrangement: Chronological within record classes.
CONDITIONS OF ACCESS AND USE
Legal Status: Public records.
Access: Normal 30 year closures apply.
Reprographics: Some material unfit for copying, otherwise no restrictions.
Finding Aids: Descriptive list.
Related Units Of Description In Same Repository:
Glasgow Corporation and Glasgow Parish Council
Greater Glasgow Health Board
Associated Material: None.
Publication Note: None.