university of glasgow
skip navigation
ARCHIVE SERVICES



NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde Archives

Link to NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde website.
SEE ALSO: Classification Index

Records of Glasgow University Lying-in Hospital and Dispensary, Glasgow, Scotland

Author:
Compiled by Alistair Tough, NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde Archivist, 23 July 1998.
Reference:
GB 812 HB 22.
Title:
Records of Glasgow University Lying-in Hospital and Dispensary, Glasgow, Scotland.
Dates of Creation:
1834-1878.
Extent:
0.20 metres.
Held at:
NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde Archives.
Name of Creator:
Glasgow University Lying-in Hospital and Dispensary (hospital and medical clinic: 1834-1878: Glasgow, Scotland).
Language of Material:
English.
Level of Description:
Fonds.
Edition:
First edition.

Administrative/Biographical History

The Glasgow University Lying-in Hospital and Dispensary opened in 1834. It was a voluntary institution, supported by subscriptions. In 1878 its funds and functions were transferred to the new Western Infirmary.


Scope and Content

  • Annual Report, 1836-1837
  • Minutes, 1834-1878
System of Arrangement:
Chronological within record class.
Custodial History:
Records held within National Health Service prior to transfer.
Immediate Source of Acquisition:
Western Infirmary, Glasgow.
Appraisal, Destruction and Scheduling:
This material has been appraised in line with standard GB 812 procedures.
Accruals:
None expected.
Access Conditions:
Normal 30 year and 75 year closures apply.
Copyright / Reproduction:
Applications for permission to quote should be sent to the Archivist.
Reproduction subject to usual conditions: educational use & condition of documents.
Existence of Copies:
No known copies.
This material is original.
Finding Aids:
Descriptive list.
Related Units of Description:
GB 812 HB 6 and HH 66: Records of Western Infirmary, Glasgow
Publication Note:
No known publications using this material.

Fonds-Level Description Compilation Details

Compiled by Alistair Tough, NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde Archivist, 23 July 1998.